Monday, April 15, 2013

highlight text, Comment annotateon web pages and collaborating with friends and colleagues using annotary

I had been looking  for a tool to

  1. highlight portion of text on web pages
  2. comment on web pages
  3. draw circle shapes on pages to highlight important sections of pages
  4. add a sticky note on some highlightes section of pages, on top of which i can collabrate with my friends.
I tried following tools 

Web Klipper - 
 + Simple and best , I can highlight section of text, color is prominent florescent yellow
 + I can share the highlitest text with others
 
 - when i share somehting with frineds, its opens them in webklipper url.

Scribble
-Its slow
-It requires a toolbar.

Diggo
+ Its quite old and famous tool
+ allows all except collaboration

- usability is not all that good
-UI looks quite old

Annotary
+ this was best among all
+ Its fullfilled all my requirements except collaboration, collaboration is a paid feature
+Usability is good, UI is good.
+ even though collaboration is not there , you can see what your friend have highlighted on current page.


1 comment:

  1. Dashboard of annotary is cool.

    + Thumbnail view with some information about each collection.

    + when you open a collection, it list downs the highlighting and sticky note of that page right there on collection home page. so you dont really need to navigate to that page... this is really cool... summray of all my notes and research.. I have not seen this in Diggo or Scribble or Web Klipper.

    ReplyDelete